This is Summer
by Me
by Me
The smell of sunscreen and chlorine
The sound of laughter and squeaky flip-flops
The tangible heat that leaves you zapped of energy
but full of warmth and happiness
This is Summer
Freshly mowed grass and sticky popsicles
Laying out under the stars
The refreshment of breathing in the cool night air
Laying out under the stars
The refreshment of breathing in the cool night air
This is Summer
Running through the sprinkler
Watching birds twitter in the trees
Relaxing in the shade with a good book
This is Summer
Watching birds twitter in the trees
Relaxing in the shade with a good book
This is Summer
Family reunions and late night chats
Watching movies, drinking smoothies
Never wanting the season to end
This is Summer
Never wanting the season to end
This is Summer
2 comments:
I like it. I really love the line the refreshment of the cool night air. I love summer too. I hope that it doesn't end for a long time. Love ya!
Cute, Shmar. Now put it to music.:o)
Post a Comment